With summer approaching quickly it's time to start thinking about hurricane season again in Florida; except Florida isn't the only place where hurricanes can strike. Our biggest fear when moving to Tampa was fear of hurricanes and having to run from them each year.7 Things YOU Can Do to Help Save Energy:
- Install energy efficient lighting in your home. CFL and LED lights can last up to 10 times longer than fluorescent light bulbs and 4-10 times more efficient than fluorescent light bulbs.
- Look for the ENERGY STAR label on all appliances and electronics that you purchase.
- Turn off all lights and electronics when you leave a room and work by a window using natural light when possible.
- Turn off room fans when you leave a room. While they may help you feelcooler they use a lot of energy and don’t cool the room.
- Unplug your cell phone, tablet, and laptop chargers when not in use. These chargers pull electricity even when fully charged.
- Join Team ENERGY STAR and help Change the World! Families can download an ENERGY STAR Home Check-Up kit and other interactive material to help save energy at home.
- Have your kids share their energy saving stories with ENERGY STAR and they’ll become eligible to win all kinds of great LG energy-saving electronics to help save even more energy and change the world!